September 27, 2010

The Simple Present - Part III

Hello!

This is the last post about the Simple Present, the Interrogative Form.
Pay close attention so you can answer the exercises later.

In the previous post we have learned that we should put "do + not" or "does + not" before a verb in the Negative Form, right?
To make a question, we remove "not" and put "do" or "does" BEFORE the subject of the phrase.

Look at this:
Do you like pizza?
Do they like hip hop?

We put DO before "I", "You", "We" and "They":
Do I know you?
Do you speak English?
Do we have girlfriends?
Do they watch horror movies?

We put DOES before "He", "She" and "It". You should not add -s to the verb (Base Form):
Does he study a lot?
Does she play basketball?
Does it fly?

Now, what if I want to answer those questions?
You have two choices:
- You can use the auxiliary verb:
Q: Do you know me?
A: Yes, I do! / No, I don't.
- Or you can use the verb of the phrase:
Q: Do you know me?
A: Yes, I know you! / No, I don't know you.

That's all for now. Don't forget about the exercises!
Take care!

See you!
__________
Hello!

Para finalizar, postarei a terceira parte do Simple Present: a Forma Interrogativa.
Preste atenção para poder responder os exercícios depois.

Na aula passada, vimos que, para formar um frase na Forma Negativa, devemos colocar "do + not" ou "does + not" antes do verbo, certo?
Para formarmos uma pergunta na Forma Interrogativa, devemos retirar o "not" e colocar o "do" ou "does" ANTES do sujeito da frase.

Observe:
Do you like pizza?
Do they like hip hop?

Para os Pronomes "I", "You", "We" e "They", colocamos o Verbo Auxiliar Do antes do sujeito:
Do I know you?
Do you speak English?
Do we have girlfriends?
Do they watch horror movies?

Para os Pronomes "He", "She" e "It", colocamos o Verbo Auxiliar Does antes do sujeito e o verbo fica na Forma Base (Base Form):
Does he study a lot?
Does she play basketball?
Does it fly?

Mas, e para responder essas perguntas?
Você tem opções:
- Ou você responde com o verbo auxiliar que foi usado na pergunta:
Pergunta: Do you know me?
Resposta: Yes, I do / No, I don't.
- Ou você responde com as palavras que foram usadas na pergunta:
Pergunta: Do you know me?
Resposta: Yes, I know you. / No, I don't know you.

Por hoje é só. Não se esqueça dos exercícios!
Até mais!

See you!

No comments:

Like us on Facebook