January 22, 2011

Passive Voice

Hi!


Today we're going to learn about the Active and Passive Voices.

ACTIVE VOICE:
The Active Voice is made up of a Subject Pronoun, a Verbal Tense and a Object Pronoun:

"I washed my cat." - Simple Past
"They are reading a book." - Present Continuous


It's easy!


PASSIVE VOICE:
Now, the Passive Voice is the opposite. It's made up of a Object Pronoun and the verb To Be with the Past Participle of another verb. Sometimes you can write or say who commited the action:

"My cat was washed by me." - Past Continuous
"A book is being read by them." - Present Continuous


Usually, the verbal tense of the verb To Be used in the Passive Voice is the same that you used in the Active Voice.

But, when the verb is intransitive, there is no corresponding Passive Voice, because the Subject of the Passive Voice would be the Object of the Active Voice:

"I live in a nice house." - There is no Passive Voice

I hope you get it!

See you!
____________________


Hi!

Hoje iremos estudar sobre as Vozes Ativa e Passiva.

VOZ ATIVA:
A Voz Ativa é composta por um Subject Pronoun, um Tempo Verbal, e um Object Pronoun:

"I washed my cat." - Simple Past
"They are reading a book." - Present Continuous

É fácil!

VOZ PASSIVA:
Agora, a Voz Passiva é o oposto. Ela é composta de um Object Pronoun e verbo To Be com o Particípio Passado de um outro verbo. As vezes, você pode escrever ou dizer quem comete a ação:

"My cat was washed by me." - Past Continuous
"A book is being read by them." - Present Continuous

Geralmente, o tempo verbal do verbo To Be usado na Voz Passiva é o mesmo que você usou na Voz Ativa.

Mas, quando o verbo é intransitivo, não há Passive Voice correspondente, porque o Subject da Voz Passiva seria o Object da Voz Ativa:

"I live in a nice house." - Não há Voz Passiva

Espero que tenha entendido!

See you!

No comments:

Like us on Facebook