October 17, 2010

Coordinating conjunctions

What's up?

Today we're going to learn some of the most used conjuntions in English. Pay close attention:

COORDINATING CONJUNTIONS:
These are conjunctions that connect independent sentences.
"I can see Jenny and she can see me."
If we take out the word "and", we'd have two sentences that would make sense without each other:
"I can see Jenny." "She can see me."
That's an example of an additive conjuntion (and).

Here you have some more coordinating conjunctions:
Adversative: "We are poor, but we are happy". It shows contrast. We can also use "However".
Alternative: "You have to help me or I'll hurt myself". It shows choise, options. We can also use "Otherwise".
Conclusive: "Ted was tired so he went to bed". It shows conclusion. We can also use "Therefore" or "Thus".
Explanatory: "I was late because I missed the bus". It shows an explanation. We can also use "For".

Click here for the Subordinating Conjuntions.

See you!
____________________
What's up?

Na aula de hoje, iremos aprender algumas conjunções mais usadas no idioma Inglês. Preste muita atenção.

CONJUNÇÕES COORDENATIVAS:
São conjunções que ligam orações independentes.
"I can see Jenny and she can see me." ("Eu posso ver Jenny e ela pode me ver.")
Se retirássemos o "and" do meio da frase, teríamos duas frases que fariam sentido separadas:
"I can see Jenny." "She can see me."
Esse é um exemplo de conjunção aditiva (and).

Veja algumas outras conjunções coordenativas:
Adversativa: "We are poor, but we are happy". ("Nós somos pobres, porém somos felizes.") Expressa contraste. Pode-se usar "However".
Alternativa: "You have to help me or I'll hurt myself". ("Você tem que me ajudar ou eu vou me machucar.") Expressa escolha. Pode-se usar "Otherwise".
Conclusiva: "Ted was tired so he went to bed". ("Ted estava cansado então foi para cama.") Expressa conclusão. Pode-se usar "Therefore" ou "Thus".
Explicativa: "I was late because I missed the bus". ("Eu me atrasei porque eu perdi o ônibus.") Expressa explicação. Pode-se usar "For".

Clique aqui para as Conjunções Subordinativas.

See you!

No comments:

Like us on Facebook